MTM Day 5: REVIEW of When Fangirls Cry by Marian Tee



If you guys haven't read the first book yet *intense glare*, you should. If you have *super sweet smile* then you know how intense and emotional it was.  

This second installment of the How Not to be Seduced by Rockstars series titled When Fangirls Cry is twice, probably even thrice more emotional than the book preceding it. There's more pain and heartache. A word of advice, have a box of tissue paper beside you while reading this. You. Will. Need. It. 

NOTE: This review will contain a few spoilers. You have been warned. 


Title: When Fangirls Cry (How Not to be Seduced by Rockstars #2)
Author: Marian Tee
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
 
SYNOPSIS:
Wonderful white marlin!

Fish-loving Saffi March is no longer a boring post-grad student by day, hopeless fangirl at night. Now that Sweden’s #1 Sex God Staffan Aehrenthal is in love with her, it’s only a matter of time before she has her happily-ever-after…right?
 

Devastating daggertooth pike conger!
 
Staffan Aehrenthal is determined never to fall in love again. Saffi hasn’t told Staffan she’s pregnant – and he ends up learning about it from the tabloids. She had made him believe in happily-ever after endings but now he knows it’s an illusion…just like the Saffi he thought he knew and loved.

Optimistic Oriental loach!
 
With Staffan and the whole world mistakenly thinking she’s carrying the baby of a desert prince, a happily-ever-after for her and Staffan doesn’t seem possible any longer. But Saffi is determined not to lose hope, not even if the man she’s only ever loved is the man who’s hurting her the most.

CHARACTER BACKGROUND:
Staffan Aehrenthal is still a famous artist, but now he's also Saffi's husband. But unfortunately, their relationship has just took a turn for the worst. They have a baby on the way, but their marriage is built on lies, pain, and even hate. Staffan still loves her, but he no longer wants to. For him, the woman he loved, no longer exists. 

Sapphire "Saffi" March a.k.a. H is still pretty much awkward, but she's also a liar now. Though the reason for her lies is love for her husband, and their unborn child. However, throughout the book she becomes stronger, and weaker at the same time. You'll know what I mean once you read the book. 

TO LOVE:
As usual, Ms. Tee didn't disappoint in causing waterworks. I've always been a fan of stories that holds so much heartbreak because it makes the romantic finish so much better. This book is just -- painful. For every chapter I read, I found myself using at least one sheet of tissue paper. Sure there were great parts, but I didn't really get the chance to enjoy them, because I know in a matter of minutes something bad is going to happen. And I was right. 

(This is a spoiler.) As a mother, it was so much more painful for me to read the part where Saffi lost their unborn child. I couldn't even imagine the pain she went through. And the reason why this tragedy is included in my To Love section is because it was a brilliant twist in the story. I look at it, not from a mother's point-of-view, but from a reader's angle. Something's gotta give, and this is one of the best ways to hurt Staffan. His punishment, if you will. But then again, Saffi also lied, but what Staffan did, and the things he said to her is just unforgivable. 

The last part was great. Staffan really did his best to help her wife "heal". He didn't give up even if he knew that she already did. I loved that he was punishing himself (is that wrong?). 

There are of course other parts that I absolutely loved, but I'll let you guys read the book and have your own. 

And oh! You should have Google handy when you're reading this (and the first one), because you'll be discovering aquatic creatures you've never heard of, as well as minerals. 

(Another spoiler) Katy Perry and Ellen Degeneres have special appearances. *smirk*

TO BLEH: 
I didn't really have any bleh moments on this book. [thinking deeply while staring into space]. Nope. Nothing. Nada. I loved the book as a whole. and I don't think I'd want to change anything from it. I don't think there's anything that confused me in the book as well. And I am not just saying this because this is a personal favorite. Even though it is. My favorite. 

SUMMARY:  
Alright, that wraps up our review. I gave very little away (though I think the spoiler I chose to give away isn't that little), so when you read the book I'm sure you'll still be taken by surprise.  This gets a "TO-READ" stamp, just like When Fangirls Lie

Tomorrow we'll be reviewing the side story of Staffan and Saffi titled, The Rockstar and His Fangirl.

Hope you guys enjoyed this, and feel free to comment down below. :)

 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.