MTM Day 10: REVIEW of Dear Greek Billionaire



As I’m writing this, I currently have puffy eyes and a pile of used tissue right beside my laptop. I just finished reading Dear Greek Billionaire by the very talented Marian Tee, and it was, as expected, a rollercoaster ride. This is why I have decided to stray from my planned review posting. This review will now be for my 10th day of MTM.

This book went live a few hours ago and I just knew that I had to get my hands (and eyes) on it ASAP. I downloaded the book, got to reading it, and a few minutes later (I was on chapter four) I received a message from the lovely author herself telling me that she sent me an ARC (Advanced Reading Copy) of the book. Do I regret the purchase? No, I most certainly DO NOT. Why? Because she deserves, like other writers who work so hard to give us such amazing books, to be paid for such great work.

Title: Dear Greek Billionaire (The Greek Billionaire and His Secretary #1)
Author: Marian Tee
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Source: Bought and was given and ARC by the Author
 
SYNOPSIS:
27-year-old Stavros Manolis urgently needed a secretary of a certain caliber, but the only one who met his standards was a troublesome young woman who flouted authority whenever she could. She grated on his nerves, but she also made his blood quicken the way no woman had, not even the one he had once loved and lost.
24-year-old Willow Somerset knew she couldn’t afford to antagonize her Greek billionaire boss, but she couldn’t help it. He was so damn perfect, and she hated it. But what she hated more was the way her body could only come alive in his arms.
Willow knew she could never have a chance with Stavros. But then she caught him looking at her – in a way a boss should never look at his secretary.
Could that be what she thought it was?
 
CHARACTER BACKGROUND:
Stavros Manolis did not have the best parents in the world. It’s true! Ask him. This resulted in him being who he is; cold, distant, and great-looking. (Hey! I never said his parents were ugly on the outside. At least they were good for something.) He did not want love, neither to give or receive it. But a certain foul-mouthed woman with absolutely no filter starts to break down the walls that he has built around his heart.
Willow Somerset IS said foul-mouthed woman with absolutely no filter. Her childhood was awesome! If living with a psychotic mother who beats you to death because you’re not enough, and tells you to stop trying because you’re worthless is considered awesome. This is why she doesn’t want love as well. But all that changes when she realizes that she’s falling for her infuriating boss.

TO LOVE:
When I read TheBillionaire and His Secretary, the prequel to this book, I knew that I would fall in love with this series. And I did; hook, line, and sinker. Once again, I was drawn to the characters because their childhood was just horrible. The things they had to go through. I just loved the depth it gave the story.
Another thing that I absolutely loved was the dialogue. It was just so witty and the exchange was quick and amusing. Kinda makes me wonder if Ms. Tee has a sharp tongue in real life. *arms crossed with brow raised*

And I think this makes me a masochist, but I just love it when our lead characters are in pain. Why? Because it makes the relationship more interesting, don’t you agree? And besides, relationships in real life aren’t all rainbows and butterflies, so seeing fictional characters experience love problems…well that just makes my day. *evil laugh*

TO BLEH:
Stavros slept with another woman?! I mean, how much of a douche move is that?! I guess I was expecting him to be celibate because he only wanted one woman. But no, he needed to be a man-whore. By the way, I don’t blame the author for coming up with this, I’m just really feeling for my girl.

SUMMARY:
I loved this book! I guess that’s pretty much obvious. So I give this a “TO-READ” stamp. And if any of you are wondering why all of Marian Tee’s books I give an affirmative stamp, don’t worry…I just really love her ‘em. But for the sake of being fair, I will review a book by her that I wasn’t a huge fan of. What that is? You’ll find out soon.

Anyway, I hope you get a copy guys. You won’t regret it.

 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.