1. Can you give us a few general details about yourself? (e.g. where you're from, your age, what you had for breakfast, etc.)
I am from India and I will be 28 in October! I am a boring clerk by day and a voracious reader by night. I am a closet writer. I dabble in poetry, stories and other abstract pieces. If you want to know what I had for breakfast, you have to be familiar with Indian cooking. I love chapathis best. I can read slowly or fast depending on my mood. I love mathematics and arts. I am contradictory in nature! I love learning new languages. I love playing Rummy ( the card game).
2. Share a little something about yourself that not a lot of people know. (e.g. you can stand on your head for 10 hours, etc.)
Now this is a difficult question.. lol.. I am usually pretty transparent. Hmm.. Let me think on it. I love cooking. Most don't know that because I rarely cook. I know, I told you I am contradictory. I love cooking for others but not for self.
3. What got you into reading?
Ah that's a little anecdote of sorts. I started my blog with the first post being about my introduction to reading. In short, it was my brother and my curiosity. I have to thank them for getting me to read. And I had to have a companion in my younger years so it has been a good partnership with books. I think I have been reading for 20 years or so..
4. What genre interests you the most? Why?
My favourites are Fantasy - I love new worlds imagined by people, Romance - I am a secret romantic!, Time Travel - I love the mind boggling idea of traveling through time especially to the past, Young Adult - I am a kid at heart and always will be!, Paranormal - I for some reason love werewolves among other paranormals. And I am always interested in trying out new books and genres!
5. What's your biggest peeve when reading a book? One that turns you off instantly.
Self pity. What I call the "Why me?" syndrome. Weakness. I hate weakness in the main protagonist without reason.
6. What made you decide to be a blogger?
I had to have a place where I can talk about my thoughts and feelings on a book and to catalogue the books I have read so far because I constantly forget book names and authors. I remember the story only so I thought it will be easier to search for a reread if I had a list. And I thought that if that would help the authors, more the reason to start a blog!
7. Am I annoying you with my questions yet?
No! I love Q&A!.. Haha I am the Queen of Qs..
8. What is the best thing about being a blogger?
Best thing is the vast number of books, authors and even genres you discover while blogging. I have read more new authors since I started blogging and nothing compares with that. Other than that, chatting with others about books and meeting authors. Ooo I love that part and the authors I have corresponded with have been amazing. I wish I could do more for each one of them.
9. Can you give a list of books that you strongly recommend to everyone out there?
Books are always dependant on personal likes so I wouldn't strongly recommend any book. But I can always put forth a book I have read and liked. Few of them are Swiss Family Robinson, The Secret and The Diary of Anne Frank.
10. Is there anything you want to say or share with people reading this? Some advice for people who are thinking of blogging perhaps?
I always say that if you are going to blog, do it with your entire heart and not half heartedly. And not to get discouraged because being a blogger means you would want people to read your thoughts at the end of the day. Have fun with blogging and don't ever turn it into routine work.
I truly have experienced that books are the real companions of life. And I hope others do too...
Do visit Floryie's blog everybody.